Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Livejournal has stolen my heart

Once again, it has been a while since I updated. I'm been a little enthralled with livejournal so I have been posting stories, responses to the law and order challenges, and a couple memes there...I have a sneaking suspcion that I will eventually be a full blown convert.

So since last time then I've turned 26, Christmas has come and gone (faster than I like), my cousin (younger) is engaged, and tomorrow will be a new year.

The past couple of years I haven't really looked forward to my birthday, but this year I was much happier and okay with getting another year closer to thirty (this is a scary number for people my age -- not because we think it's old but because it really is the point where you can't fall back on being a kid anymore). So I have to thank everyone who thought about me and gave me a shout out on their journal, texted me, or sent me a card. They really made my day!

Christmas was nice. I actually saw my dad which hasn't happened in at least 5 years and I wrote him a positive but honest letter for his present. He really appreciated it, which I was worried that he wouldn't. My mom got me a Discover gift card so I could get new glasses -- this may sound boring but my lenses alone cost two to three hundred dollars so I was pretty stoked.

As mentioned before, my cousin on my mom's side is engaged. I really like his fiance and she even asked me to be a bridesmade since he and I have no each other forever (literarly for him -- he's 24, will be 25 in June) and pretty much grew up together. We've kind of lost touch so I'm hoping maybe we can re-connect a little through her and the wedding. It's going to be in november of '09 and I was told that it'll be low-key and that she wants her bridemades in black dresses wearing Chucks -- tacky to some, but I think it's awesome. My aunt actually wore cowboy boots with her wedding dress.

I don't really have any resolutions for the new year -- just to keep doing what I'm doing and basically just continue to pull my shit together both physically and mentally. And of course I hope my muse is fruitful and I write a lot.

I feel like I'm going through a new phase with my writing, so I've been focusing on longer "one-shots" or single chapter stories away from the verse that I had been writing in...so it's taking me a little longer to get things done, but I also feel like I may be growing a bit as a writer...I hope at least...maybe I'm just deluding myself...lol.

Happy New Year to all!

2 comments:

Music Wench said...

So that's where you went! Send me the URL to your Livejournal so I can keep up with you there should you decide to be like Goddessdster and abandon us at blogger. LOL

I could just check the Livejournal LOCI sites as I used to stop in regularly but have sort of fallen out of that habit for some reason. Still like Fan Fiction but haven't really been reading a lot. I'm sure I'll get back into it.

Hope you have a great new year! And you know, 30 isn't so bad. When you're thirty you're still young enough to do stupid things and have fun but old enough to be taken more seriously than you were when you were twenty-something. I know, I was ecstatic to reach 30. LOL 40 wasn't quite as much fun and with 50 looming in 2009 for me, 30 was the best. Better even than turning 21. Mostly because back when I turned 18, the legal drinking age in Hawaii was 18. Turning 21 just meant I got to gamble but since I don't like to gamble, it wasn't much of an issue.

Anyway, glad you had a good holiday and hope 2009 is fantastic for you.

BASRIC said...

I'd like to friend you on LJ and read you sufff too. Its difficult to find really good writers. you can message me at Basric@LJ.com or email it to me at BSHORT273@comcast.net